Closing date: 31/10/2023
Relief Childcare Worker
The purpose of the job
Incumbent is a member of the multidisciplinary team, who reports to the Satellite Homes Manager. The Childcare worker should act as an advocate for the youth; assist with the developmental, coaching and educational needs of the youth. The incumbent stands as the role model for the child assisting with the physical, psychological and the social needs of the child.
- The incumbent is primarily responsible for the effective management of the house unit.
- Is responsible for providing a warm, safe and emotionally supportive environment for the youth.
- Work in consultation with the multidisciplinary team members,and keep the team up to date with the youth’s development progress.
- The Incumbent promotes good behaviour to the youth with regard to authority and authoritative figures, supports and encourage the youth to reach their full potential.
- Takes responsibility for the supplement and safe keeping of the first aid box and prescribed medication.
- At least two years extensive demonstrated experience in working with young people in crisis, especially traumatised children, and/or living in an out of home care situation.
- Possess the required knowledge, skills, attitude and strategies to be able to work effectively with traumatised children who display challenging behaviours.
- Prioritise, the ability to work both independently and as an active team member.
- Be able to work under pressure, and have high levels of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanour while exercising judgment, discretion and discipline in work.
- Senior Certificate a must have
- The position will require traveling and being away from home
- Experience in Child and Youth Care work highly advantages
- Be able to read, write and speak English and Afrikaans a must
- Valid driver’s licence and PDP a must have
- Must be able to work at least 18 days a month (not all together) and sleep over at the houses she will work at.
Should you meet any of the above requirements please email CV with application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms can be downloaded from our website: www.abrahamkriel.org Please choose our Childcare worker application form. Should you not be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB This position is based in Johannesburg Gauteng