Closing date: 20/01/2023
Assistant Cook: Soweto Family Care Programme
The purpose of the job
The official is responsible for assisting the Senior Cook with preparing meals for beneficiaries, stock control and purchasing, cleaning kitchen and supervision of volunteers and trainees.
- Assists with purchasing of necessary food stock in consultation with the Senior Cook.
- Prepare daily balanced meals according to the prescribed directions, quantities and menus.
- Supervise and assist in the dishing-up of the meals for daily distribution to the beneficiaries, including the fruits and sandwiches.
- Assist with evaluating the quality of the food purchased in order to ensure that the best quality is bought.
- Assists to prepare and serve refreshments for meetings and or functions when requested.
- Responsible to ensure that hygiene protocols are followed in the kitchen.
- Senior Certificate a must and further training will be an advantage
- 2 years experiences working in an NGO environment
Should you meet the above requirements please email a CV with application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org Application forms can be requested via email or downloaded from our website: www.abrahamkriel.org
For further enquiries contact Ms Riba on 011 839 3058.
Should you not be contacted within 2 weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.